QF2 Fire Protection Compound is intended for use as a gap filling material where cables, ducts or pipework services penetrate fire compartment floors and walls. QF2 Fire Protection Compound expands slightly on curing (1%), to form a rigid smoke and gas tight seal and is also suitable for use in load bearing situations. Subsequent to installation it will accept further services penetrating the barrier without damage.
Features & Benefits
- Fire tested to BS476: Part 20: 1987, and the principles of EN 1366-3: 1993 & BSEN 1366-3: 2009
- Up to 4 hour fire rating
- Acoustic Tested to BS EN ISO 140-3:1995
- Up to 47dB reduction
- Suitable for load bearing situations
- Expands slightly on curing to form a rigid gas/smoke tight seal
- The use of extensive shuttering is not necessary
Building Regulations impose limitations on all services penetrating fire compartment walls and floors. QF2 Fire Protection Compound has been tested in accordance with the General Principles in BS 476: Part 20: 1987 in conjunction with the additional guide lines in the latest available draft document reference EN 1366-3: 1993 produced by the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) relating to the fire resistance testing of penetration sealing systems. The tests were conducted on vertical and horizontal compartment walls and floors and indicated that it can provide fire resistance of up to four hours.