QuelCast CE Marked Cast In Fire Collar / Cast In Device prevent the spread of fire through plastic pipes and cables where they penetrate concrete floors.
Features & Benefits
- Fire resistance testing to BS EN 1366-3:2009
- Up to 4 hour fire rating (EI240)
- CE Marked
- Suitable for all common plastic (PVC, PVC-U, PE, HDPE, MDPE, & PP) pipes
- Available to suit 50mm, 110mm & 160mm diameter pipes
- Available to suit 150mm or thicker concrete slabs
- Performance unaffected by weathering (Type X Durability)
- Quick & simple installation
- Integrated moisture and smoke seal
- Strong lid to carry foot traffic and light access equipment
- No backfilling generally required
- Compact footprint allows for closer positioning of pipes
Building Regulations impose limitations on all pipes and cables passing through fire compartment floors. QuelCast CE Marked Cast In Fire Collars / Cast In Device allow plastic pipes and cables to meet the requirements of the Building Regulations. QuelCast CE Marked Cast In Fire Collars have been tested according to BSEN 1366-3: 2009 where pipe diameters of up to 160mm have met insulation and integrity criteria for this standard for up to four hours.