The QuelCast CE Marked Cast In Fire Collar / Cast In Device has been designed at 250mm high to meet the requirements of most applications.
Simple installations steps:
- Mark the formwork with a cross where the pipe is to pass through the floor
- Position the QuelCast CE Marked Cast In Fire Collar as required (the centre line marks on the QuelCast Collars and Manifold help to position in the correct location)
- Attach to the formwork using screws or nails through the holes in the 4 corners of the unit
- Pour the concrete to the required depth
- On completion of concrete curing, remove all formwork and shuttering
- Remove the cap from the top of the QuelCast Collar
- Place the pipe through the QuelCast Collar
Additional instructions for QuelCast50:
For the QuelCast50 CE Marked Cast In Fire Collar, the space between the pipe and the outer casing of the QuelCast50 should be ‘backfilled’ with mineral wool from the rubber smoke seal to the top of the floor slab.
Applications where the floor slab depth is between 150 – 250mm
For applications where the floor slab depth is between 150 – 250mm cut the QuelCast CE Marked Fire Collar down to the required height and replace the cap. We also offer a pre-cut service so please contact Quelfire with your project requirements.
Applications where the floor slab depth is greater than 250mm
For applications where the floor slab depth is greater than 250mm we manufacture an extension tube to suit the depth of the concrete slab. Please contact us to discuss your project requirements.
The QuelCast Manifold has been designed and developed to create a 75 mm recess in the floor slab either on the top or on the bottom of the floor slab to allow for applications where there is limited ceiling space and so the plastic pipe can be installed closer to the ceiling with the pipe connection recessed in the slab.
- Shower traps for walk-in showers and wet rooms
- Soil pipe manifolds
- Pipe connections
- Limited ceiling space
When installing the QuelCast Manifold on the underside of the floor slab, ensure that you cut off the spigot on the manifold and then, using self-tapping steel screws, secure the QuelCast110 Cast In Fire Collar to the manifold.
When installing the Manifold on the top side of the floor slab, the Manifold spigot is simply slotted into the top of the QuelCast110 Cast In Fire Collar.