A range of Intumescent Air Transfer Grille Systems that are suitable for use in door sets and compartment walls for up to 60 minutes fire resistance.
Next Day Delivery
Fast response to all enquiries
40 years of experience
· Tested to BS 476: Part 22: 1987
· Up to 60 minutes fire rating
· Modular robust construction
· Easy to install and maintenance free
There are no published standards for these components but Quelfire QIG Intumescent Air Transfer Grilles have been tested by Warrington Fire Research Centre according to BS 476 Parts 20 & 22: 1987. Tests show that
a 600 x 600mm can provide fire resistance of up to 60 minutes.
The frames are constructed from Zintec Mild Steel (0.65mm thick) containing high performance graphite based intumescent material which reacts under the influence of heat to form a carbonaceous char which provides an effective insulation plug thus preventing smoke and fire passing through to the adjoining compartment.
Quelfire QIG Intumescent Air Transfer Grilles are expected to last the lifetime of the service installation.
Quelfire QIG Intumescent Air Transfer Grilles have been specifically designed for the use of fire resisting door sets for 30 minutes and 60 minutes.
1. Cut the aperture in the door (the system shall be installed no closer than 150mm to the threshold and no higher than 1850mm)
2. Line the aperture with a 6mm hardwood liner.
3. Apply a bead of Quelfire GM Intumescent Acoustic Sealant centrally spread the mastic across the full width of the timber liner, to achieve a thickness of 0.5mm.
4. Install the Quelfire QIG Intumescent Air Transfer Grille into the aperture.
5. Secure the system into place using steel pins (not supplied). Alternatively, secure the system using self-tapping screws.
6. Fit the cover plates on both faces of the door and secure with screws provided.
Should you require any further information regarding this product, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our specialists.
|Product Code||Dimensions (mm)||Fire Resistance||Free Air Flow|
|QIG150/150||150 x 150 x 40||60 mins||153m²|
|QIG150/300||150 x 300 x 40||60 mins||307m²|
|QIG300/300||300 x 300 x 40||60 mins||614m²|
|QIG112/225||112 x 225 x 40||60 mins||161m²|
|QIG225/225||225 x 225 x 40||60 mins||323m²|
|CP150/150||to suit QIG150/150||150m²|
|CP150/300||to suit QIG150/300||295m²|
|CP300/300||to suit QIG300/300||593m²|
|CP112/225||to suit QIG112/225||159m²|
|CP225/225||to suit QIG225/225||320m²|