Quelfire Intufoam is a versatile fire resistant expansion joint fire seal providing a fire stop seal for movement joints, at the junction of compartment floors and walls or wherever a cavity barrier is required. The compressible foam core accommodates different joint widths whilst allowing for structural movement.
Next Day Delivery
Fast response to all enquiries
40 years of experience
· Tested to BS 476: Part 20: 1987
· Lightweight and easy to handle
· Provides up to 6 hours fire rating
· Unaffected by moisture or water
· Suitable for gaps up to 120mm
Building Regulations impose limitations on all gap and joints Quelfire Intufoam has been tested to BS 476: Part 20: 1987 achieving up to 6 hour fire rating for a range of linear gaps.
Quelfire Intufoam is manufactured from specially treated urethane type compressible foam, impregnated with fire retardant chemicals. The foam is then bonded to a graphite based intumescent material to form a composite seal. In the event of fire this expands to maintain the fire stop seal for up to six hours.
Quelfire Intufoam is unaffected by moisture or water and is expected to last the lifetime of the building.
The Intufoam system comprises 1m lengths of sealed foam core face with a flexible intumescent material. Installation is simple, requiring no specialist tools. To install: simply compress the Intufoam by hand and slide into place.
Quelfire Intufoam provides a reliable, easily fixed fire seal to resist the passage of fire through all structural joints and gaps including:
1. Expansion, contraction, flexible and seismic movement joints. Intufoam’s excellent compression and recovery allows movement to take place without affecting the fire seal.
2. The junction of separating and compartment walls with floors or roof. Intufoam is suitable for both horizontal and vertical junctions.
3. Cavity Barriers. Intufoam will form a cavity barrier within all concealed areas, such as above suspended ceilings or within cavity walls.
Should you require any further information regarding this product, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our specialists.
|Product Code||Minimum Gap (mm)||Maximum Gap (mm)||Fire Rating|